Melissa's Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Furniture

The only thing we've really done for the house last week was order some furniture. One of my clients is a furniture wholesaler, and they sell their stuff to places like Haverty's, etc. So when I went to see them for lunch a few weeks ago I inquired about the "friends and family...and insurance brokers!" discount.

I was given a huge catalog and told that I could order whatever I wanted at wholesale cost! So Eric and I decided to order a bedroom suite and an entertainment center. The only catch is that we have to rent a U-Haul and drive down to their warehouse by Six Flags and pick up and assemble everything ourselves. But hey, since we're saving so much money it's well worth it. I don't think we could have afforded new bedroom furniture otherwise. Eric's stepbrother so graciously volunteered to come over on Friday and help us unload everything at the house.

Here are pictures of what we ordered:



Hopefully we'll actually be able to purchase a TV to fill this entertainment center in the next few weeks!

We also spend our Friday night at Lowe's (I know, exciting, right?) looking all of things we need to buy...closet organizers, towel bars, rugs, trash cans, blinds...the list could go on forever.

We haven't heard from the mortgage company in over a week, so we assume we're still on track for Friday. Apparently this whole mortgage business operates at the last minute, so I guess we've just got to get used to that. We aren't sure exactly what amount we have to pay on Friday, so we'd like that information soon so we can head to the bank for that big, fat certified check!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home