Melissa's Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

How I Know I'm "old"

This weekend made me realize how I am starting to act "old"...and I'm loving it!

Friday I came home from work early (since I had been up at 4:30 for open enrollment meetings) and took a nice long nap. Then I made breakfast for dinner, and then did my P90X workout. Then Eric put on my NetFlix movie (Secret Life of Bees), and I slept through 70% of it. Good thing I already read the book! Eric actually kept watching it...

Then Saturday we went to see Angels and Demons at the Fork and Screen movie theater in Buckhead. We were hungry and bored, so the restaurant combo movie theater was the perfect choice. After some really pricey quesadillas, we proceeded to Publix to buy food for the Braves game. Since it was pouring and I'm lazy, I insisted on the parking deck Publix in Buckhead so we wouldn't get wet. Then we came home and made kabobs, and cooked them on our indoor grill. We still haven't figured out how to do that without setting off the smoke detector, so we dined with the siren blaring. Then we cleaned up, and I worked out. And then I think I fell asleep early, but honestly, I can't really remember.

Sunday we went to the Braves game with Chad. We set up a nice little tailgate before the game. I forgot my sunglasses, so I purchased a new hat at the game. I'll probably never wear it again, but Eric thought it was cute, so he insisted that I buy it. Then I begged for Rainbow Ice Dippin' Dots. Of course, I won that argument, but compromised for the $5 regular size instead of the helmet size. And then after the game, we cooked out own dinner and rented Australia from Blockbuster. of course, we also enjoyed the Blockbuster movie style popcorn. The amazing news is that I stayed awake for the whole movie!

And finally our glorious day off...also "boring!" After my power breakfast of egg whites and turkey bacon, I did P90X Arms and Ab Ripper. Lord I HATE the Ab Ripper. It's torture. And then we cleaned...Eric did the floors and I did the bathroom. After showering, we headed to our weekend hangout...Lowes! We got lawn supplies (fertilizer, hose reel, grass patch, etc) and looked for Tiki torches for our party. I also tried to talk Eric into new patio furniture...maybe next trip. After that, Eric planted some grass 'patch' and I trimmed kudzu/ivy off the fence. Then we treked to Lilburn for dinner with George, Lynda, Lawson, and puddy (the dog). And now...home to finish my cleaning and laundry.

Did I mention I feel old and boring? I feel like everyone else was at the beach, pool, or getting drunk. But you know what, it was a wonderful perfect relaxing weekend. I'm totally cool with acting old...I like it!

1 Comments:

  • I loved the Secret Life of Bee's book. It's too bad you can't tell me how the movie was.

    I wasn't at the beach, pool, or drunk, so does that make me old too? I realized yesterday that I didn't even put on shoes yesterday--which means I didn't go anywhere.

    By Blogger brittanydyan, At May 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home