Melissa's Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finally an Update

Apparently I'm a horrible blogger. I guess I don't feel that I have anything interesting to write about! So here's a quick update of the summer thus far:

First, I got to be a part of Heather and Chris' wedding and spend some time with my favorite girls. It was a wonderful day, and I enjoyed having Brittany and Deena stay here at the house.


In June, we hosted our first party at the house. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures. But we had a great turnout and I think everyone had a nice time. We also learned that our oversized fridge can hold a LOT of beer cans! =)

June has also been filled was Eric's baseball season. The Buckhead Cardinals are having an awesome season thus far, and I hope they go far in the tournament in August. I've enjoyed watching a few games, even in the 95 degree plus heat!

We also did a charity bowling even with the Falcons and United Healthcare. If you want a more detailed overview, visit Eric's blog.


John Park Wilson (from Alabama), me, Eric, and Robert Shiver (from Auburn)

The last weekend of June was our annual trek to the Duncan family reunion in Russellville, AL. This year was exciting because it was Eric's very first "farm" experience! Eric got to experience all things redneck, including...people driving tractors and lawn mowers on the highway, the roach motel, Jack's sausage biscuits, the local movie theater, the local Wal-mart, the Frosty Inn (yum!!), a trip to the lake, and of course, the farm house. Just don't give Eric a quiz on the family tree just yet!



Check out this vehicle!



I've also started training to run my first 5K in September. Eric found me a podcast that is supposed to teach you to run a 5K. I've completed my first week. Honestly, running is SO hard and I have a long way to go. But I'm going to stick with it so I can hopefully keep up with my co-workers in the Corporate Challenge 5k.

This week I got the black stuff from the car accident cut out of my hand with a punch biopsy. Normally gross stuff does not bother me, but when I saw the doc take a chunk of my hand out, I nearly fainted. Once I layed down and got some juice I felt much better. It was worth is because the black junk and bump of scar tissue is GONE!! I just have to go back in 2 weeks to get my stitches taken out. Apparently she is sending the skin to the lab for analysis, although I'm not quite sure why. I'm highly certain that it's going to come back with only one result...asphalt!

For the 4th of July weekend, we went to Home Depot and purchased patio furniture. I really like what we picked out. I had to beg Eric to let me exceed the budget by a few hundred bucks, and I succeeded. So now we just need a grill and out patio will be completed. Come over and hang out!



We also went to the Chamblee fireworks at Keswick Park. They were great! I think that may be a new tradition for me. Also, we went and saw the Hangover. It was very, very funny!

In 2 weeks, I'm going to Jacksonville to stay with Suzie. I am pumped to visit Jax again, and finally get a beach vacation in this summer.

1 Comments:

  • You never told me about the Frost Inn! I feel like you've been holding back on farm stories and keeping the best parts secret. Thanks a lot.

    I like the deck furniture!

    And, running will get easier. Just take it slow and try to remember that you're doing it to stay fit...not to beat everybody. That is how I try to think about it.

    By Blogger brittanydyan, At July 6, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home